Writeshop to develop the Manual of Procedure (MOP) for the Implementation of Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) Program in Hospitals
The Department of Health – Pharmaceutical Division, with support from the World Health Organization (WHO) -Western Pacific Regional Office, once again gathered its network of pilot hospitals last August 3-7, 2016 in Sta.Rosa, Laguna for a writeshop to develop the Manual of Procedure (MOP) for the implementation of Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) Program in Hospitals. This program, among other strategies, is part of the Philippine Action Plan to combat Antimicrobial Resistance in the Philippines and is aligned with the overarching goal of the DOH to continuously progress the quality of health service delivery for all Filipinos.
The writeshop was facilitated by Ms. Sarah Tang and Ms. Rachel Ong as commissioned by the WHO. This was attended by the infectious disease physicians, pharmacists, laboratory personnel and nurses of eight (8) selected DOH-retained hospitals:
- Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center – CAR;
- Jose Lingad Memorial Medical Center – Region III;
- Rizal Medical Center – NCR;
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine – NCR;
- Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital – Region VI;
- Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center – Region VII;
- Northern Mindanao Medical Center – Region X; and,
- Southern Philippines Medical Center – Region XI
The final MOP on AMS is expected to be published and launched in November 2016 during the celebration of the Philippine Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016.